- 3 Bell Peppers (yellow, orange, and green, sliced into thin strips)
- 1 small Red Onion (half of the onion, diced)
- Cherry Tomatoes (halved)
- Asparagus (cut in 2 inch pieces, toss stems)
- Basil (one bundle)
- Parmesan Cheese (1/4 cup, shredded)
- 6 fresh cloves of Garlic
- Pine Nuts (1/4 cup)
- Olive oil (1/4 cup)
- Penne Pasta
- Bacon (4 strips, diced)
- Salt (1 tsp)
- Pepper (1 tsp)
Make Your Pesto:
1. Peel your garlic and set aside the 6 cloves.
2. Take your basil and remove the stems.
3. Measure you pine nuts and olive oil.
4. In a food processor, add the garlic cloves first. Ensure they are sliced pretty fine. Then add in your basil. While blending the basil, add in the olive oil.
5. Once the basil is blended to the consistency of pesto, add in your pine nuts and Parmesan cheese. Blend until mostly smooth.
Time For Veggies:
1. Prepare and chop all of your veggies. Set aside.
2. Take your bacon in a large cast iron skillet, and cook until crispy. Reserve the bacon grease for the veggies.
3. After the bacon is done, set it aside to cool.
4. Add all the veggies to the skillet with 1/4 cup of water.
5. Cover and let simmer on Medium-Low heat.
6. Once bacon is cool, dice it and add it into the pesto. Do not blend! Just stir.
1. Take your pasta and cook according to instructions on the packaging. This should take about 10 mins. Enough time to steam the veggies through.
2. Once the pasta is done, drain, shock with cold water, and transfer back into the same pot.
3. When the veggies are soft, drain the water from the skillet and add the veggies to the pot with the pasta.