For the Chicken Nuggets:
- 2 cups Dill Pickle Juice
- 4 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 1 Egg
- 1 cup Milk
- 1½ cup Flour
- 2 tbsp Brown Sugar
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 1 tsp Paprika
- Vegetable Oil
For the Dipping Sauce:
- ½ cup Honey Mustard
- 2 tbsp Sweet Baby Ray’s Honey BBQ Sauce
1. Combine dipping sauce ingredients. Set aside.
2. Cut chicken into roughly 1″ pieces and place in zippered bag with pickle juice to marinate in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours.
3. Whisk together milk and egg in a large bowl.
4. Drain pickle juice from chicken and add the chicken to the egg mixture.
5. Toss chicken to ensure all pieces are coated with the egg.
6. Drain excess egg mixture.
7. In a heavy skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat to about 375 degrees. In a zippered bag, combine flour, brown sugar, paprika, salt and pepper. Shake well to mix.
8. Add chicken to zippered bag and shake to coat.
9. Cook chicken pieces in oil until crispy and browned (about 2 to 4 minutes).
10. I use a cooling rack on top of a sheet pan, and place paper towels underneath to absorb the grease drippings. Whatever you decide to use, ensure there are paper towels to absorb the excess grease.