- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 sweet potatoes chopped into small pieces (about ½ inch)
- 1 med onion, chopped
- 1 small bell pepper (red, orange, yellow), chopped
- ½ lb fresh sausage, chopped
- 1 tsp paprika
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 4 eggs
1. Heat a large skillet, preferably cast iron, over medium heat and add 1 tbsp of the olive oil. Once sizzling, crumble the sausage into the pan, and stir while cooking to evenly brown.
2. When sausage is about ¾ of the way done, add the onions and peppers and continue to cook and stir until the sausage is browned and the onions and peppers are soft and fragrant. Remove from heat and set aside until the potatoes are done.
3. Meanwhile in a separate skillet over medium heat, add the remaining 2 tbsp of olive oil. Add the chopped sweet potatoes and stir to coat. Sprinkle with paprika, sea salt and pepper to taste.
4. Cook and stir, uncovered, until the outside begins to brown, then cover the skillet and continue to cook to soften the inside of the potatoes.
5. Once the potatoes are softened and browned, transfer them to the sausage mixture and stir to combine. Create 4 indents where you will crack each egg – then carefully crack the eggs into the spaces.
6. Ensure heat is on medium-low. Cover and let simmer for approximately 10 mins. If you like the yolks runny, check it periodically so you can remove from heat when eggs have reached desired consistency.