This is one of my favorite recipes. Mostly because it’s not consistent. You can add or take out anything you do or do not want/have. I always have random ingredients in my freezer, fridge, and pantry that seem to linger. I’ll throw it all together and make a delicious pasta! Here’s mine tonight:
- 1 box of Rotini pasta
- 2 jars of meat flavored pasta sauce (I used Bertolli)
- 1 package of frozen meatballs
- 1 large chicken breast, diced
- 2 bell peppers, diced
- 2 jalapeños, diced
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 sprig of fresh basil, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp of garlic powder
- Olive oil
- In a large pot, boil the water for your pasta. Cook according to the box’s directions.
- In a skillet, heat 2 tbsp of olive oil. Season your chicken breast with salt and pepper to taste. Add to the skillet and cook on medium heat, covered. Turn chicken pieces after approximately 2 minutes.
- Once chicken is half cooked, approximately 3-4 minutes, add in your frozen meatballs. They should already be cooked, so they just need to be heated through. Cover and let simmer.
- Meanwhile, take all of your diced veggies, and 2 tbsp of olive oil in a separate skillet. Cook on medium heat until veggies are soft.
- Once meatballs are heated through, add your meats to your veggie skillet.
- Drain your pasta, shock it with cold water, and add it back into the pot.
- Add your meats and veggies, and garlic powder to the pot, along with your 2 jars of pasta sauce. Turn the heat to low and stir well until the sauce heats through.