- 4 Chicken leg quarters, bone in
- 1 white onion, (small), chopped
- 3 cloves garlic (large), minced
- 2 tbsp butter (or olive oil)
- 1 1/2 cups long grain white rice
- 1 1/2 cups Chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups hot water
- 1 tsp paprika powder
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
Fresh thyme leaves or chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Scatter onion and garlic in a baking dish (about 10 x 15″) then place butter in the center. Bake for 15 minutes (check at 12 minutes, mix if some bits are browning too much).
- Meanwhile, mix together Chicken Rub. Sprinkle on both sides of the chicken.
- Remove baking dish from the oven. Add rice then mix.
- Place chicken on rice. Then pour chicken broth and water around the chicken.
- Cover with foil, then bake for 30 minutes. Remove foil, spray chicken with oil (optional), then bake for a further 20 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- Stand for 5 minutes, then remove chicken and fluff up rice. Garnish with parsley if desired, serve and enjoy!