-6 boneless skinless chicken thighs
-flour (2 1/3 cups)
-2 tbsp baking powder
-3 celery sticks sliced
-1 small yellow onion, diced
-1 8oz bag shredded carrots
-5 cups of chicken stock
-2 cups of milk, separated
-4 tbsp salted butter
-2 tbsp minced garlic
-1 tsp dried thyme
-1 tsp dried rosemary
-2 tbsp olive oil
-salt and pepper to taste
1. In a pressure cooker add chicken thighs, 1 cup of water, and salt/pepper to taste. Pressure cook according to machine’s instructions. Mine is on high for 18 minutes.
2. In a large pot add olive oil, onion, carrots, and celery. Cook for approximately 8 minutes on medium high heat until onions are translucent. Add your garlic.
3. Add 1/3 cup of flour and mix well. Add in chicken stock and one cup of milk. Bring to a low rolling boil.
4. In a large bowl add the rest of your flour (2 cups), baking powder, dried thyme, rosemary, salt/pepper to taste. Make a small well in the center of the flour mixture. Pour the other cup of milk into the flour mixture and your 4 tbsp of melted butter.
5. Mix very well and the consistency should be slightly sticky. If the mixture is dry add a little more milk.
6. Once the chicken is done, shred it and add it to your pot.
7. Take an ice cream scoop and scoop your dumplings one by one into your pot as well, keeping it on a low simmer. Cover and let simmer for 10 minutes.
8. Cut one dumpling to make sure it’s cooked through. The center will be fluffy and dry.
9. Serve immediately. Enjoy!